Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Exercise

One of my goals for this year (2012) is to be healthier. I am planning to exercise, control portion sizes, eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies and drink 8 glasses of water per day.

The Plan
My goal is to walk three days a week and do strength training three days a week. That will leave one day a week free to either do whatever exercise I want to do or give me one day when I can skip exercising if I don't have the time to do it. As a busy mom of three, there are many days when time gets away from me and I don't finish my list for the day so a flex day each week will help save my sanity.

I am going to start slowly and make small increases each week. I am going to start walking 15 minutes each day and hopefully work up to an hour. I will add in strength training later, once again starting at an easy level and slowly increasing.

This Week
This week I am going to start implementing the exercise portion of my plan. I will be walking on my treadmill at least three times this week. I will be walking for 15 minutes on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Tuesdays and Thursdays this quarter we spent most of our day on campus so I have a very small window of time to get everything done that I need to do. I have scheduled a half-hour after lunch for exercise so that gets finished first before I get side-tracked by housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment